I am finally back from our trip! Er, okay, I was back on Sunday, but I seem to have forgotten about this “blog” thing. Internet? What’s an internet?
The trip was lovely and, well, I don’t want to bury the lede or anything, so I’ll just say:
We got engaged!
:) x 10000000, right? Cris proposed on the night of our five year anniversary, at a lovely restaurant in Santa Barbara. It was unexpected and sweet and romantic and wonderful and all that good stuff, and it looks like my years of being a ruined woman and living in sin will soon be behind me!
The rest of the trip to Santa Barbara and LA was nice. We spent way too much money and spent too much time running around instead of napping on the beach, and every time I saw a little kid, I would give out an involuntary yelp because OMG I MISS MY BABYYYYYYY. But that’s just how it goes I guess. Highlights:
- bloody marys!
- red velvet pancakes! cream cheese frosting! heart-shaped chocolate chips! cutest breakfast ever .
- these tacos! I am obsessed with these tacos and it’s pretty much been my primary motivation for every trip I’ve ever taken to LA.
- pinkberry, finally.
- staying at the swankiest hotel I’ve ever been in . crappiest picture ever, I know, but that thing? It’s like a huge mirror, right? Except there is a secret hidden tv screen behind it! Craziness! There was a shower that rained from the ceiling and $12 bottles of Fiji water just laying around and a room service menu where you could order entire bottles of liquor (only $130 for a bottle of jose cuervo! bargain!) and a balcony with an amazing view. It was pretty awesome and totally ridiculous.
- the ‘breakfast’ ‘menu’ at the hotel restaurant
- and last, but so not least, the sleep! The sweet sleep! Uninterrupted! All night! All morning! I’ve missed you, Sleep! Please don’t leave! Come back!
(I have real pictures, I swear, but ever since getting an iphone, using my real camera seems like such a hassle. I should get some kind of award for being the laziest person ever)